Changing the HTTP port in Oracle FMW 11g
The Oracle FMW OHS defaults to port 8888. But this may be changed to a custom port (to port 80 for example in order to keep the url simple). The actual port change is in the Oracle FMW Administrators Guide for Oracle HTTP Server, however this does not seem to cover promoting the port change to the em agent. If the em agent is not updated then you may experience an error similar to the following:
“Failed to get requested metrics from the EM Agent.
Error connecting to report_server:OHS_port return status = -1″
This article describes the full process for changing both the HTTP server port and the em agent.
Editing the ports using Fusion Middleware Control
Extracted from Oracle FMW Administrators Guide for Oracle HTTP Server:
- Navigate to the Oracle HTTP Server home page.
- Select Administration from the Oracle HTTP Server menu.
- Select Ports Configuration from the Administration menu.
- Select the port for which you want to change the port number.When editing a port number, the Admin port cannot be edited using Fusion Middleware Control. Although this is a port Oracle HTTP Server uses for its internal communication with Fusion Middleware Control, in most of the cases it does not need to be changed. If you really want to change it, manually edit the
/config/OHS//admin.conffile. And also refer to Section 6.2.3, “Updating the Registration of Oracle HTTP Server with a WebLogic Domain After Changing the Administration Port” for additional necessary steps after the Admin port is changed.
- Click Edit.
- Edit the IP Address and/or Port number for the port.SSL for a port can be configured on the Virtual Hosts page, as described in Section 6.3.2, “Using Fusion Middleware Control to Configure Virtual Hosts”.
- Click OK.
- Restart Oracle HTTP Server. See Section 4.1.4.
If you change the port or make other changes that affect the URL, such as changing the hostname, enabling or disabling SSL, you need to re-register partner applications with the SSO server using the new URL.
Editing the ports for em agent
- Go to %ORACLE_INSTANCE%\EMAGENT\%AGENT_NAME%\sysman\emd
- Open targets.xml for editing
- Change ports set to 8888 to your port number
- Save and close the file
- Restart EMAGENT from OPMN